Prepare yourself for an odyssey in flavour exploration. Dive into a myriad of sweet juicy tones & a prolonged complex body. Experience the effects of high altitude nutrient rich volcanic soil on virginal Gesha with meticulous attention to coffee processing by Agudelo Uribe. Cooked on the lighter side of light a very uniform green that was a pleasure to roast.
BLACKBERRY ORANGE TOFFEE APPLE COLA HAZELNUT WITH A VISCOUS BODY
RARE AND EXOTIC
Coffees that push the boundaries of flavour and innovation. Next level experimental processing, crazy new hybrid varieties and game changing botany. Nothing gets us more excited, these coffees will change your life.
2 year old 100% Gesha, grown in nutrient rich volcanic soil.
- Cherries are received in the “Tolva” (reception tank)
- The cherries are floated and the impurities are removed, as well as the over or under ripe cherries.
- The coffee is pulped to remove the skin.
- Coffee with the mucilage is fermented for 24hrs Fermentation process . The time can change depending on environmental factors (hotter days require lower fermentation time and reverse)
- The coffee is then moved to the washing channels and the deteriorated mucilage is removed from the parchment, using channels enables them to also grade the coffee based on density of the beans.
- The coffee parchment then is moved to parabolic driers until target moisture is reached (10.5%), before being stored in burlap bags ready to be brought to Siruma warehouse for final physical and quality assessment.
Farm: El Refugio
Lead Farmer: Agudelo Uribe family
Region: Villamaría, Caldas, Colombia
Altitude: 1750-2050 masl